Parking Lot Lights or Shopping Center Lights
- Yellow color – high pressure sodium (HPS)
- White color- Metal halide. (MH)
- If you want to change from (HPS) to (MH) you have to change transformer
- Also same wattage on bulb to transformer must match
- 175 watt lamp needs a 175 watt transformer
- Example: you cannot operate a 175 watt lamp with a 250 watt transformer
- Most parking lot lights 175 watt; 250 watt; 400 watt; 1000 watt; 1500 watt
- New LED’s are coming for parking lot lighting lasting 8 to 10 yrs. Little expensive but tremendous energy savings and long lasting!
- New LEDs will require no transformer, saving much more money!
Induction lights for parking lot lights and for wall packs (100,000 hours!) – less wattage and no maintenance for 20 years!